The Astrological Houses:
The 3rd House of Communication, Neighbors, and Siblings
The Gemini House:
Communication, intelligence, siblings, language(s), speaking, intellect, speech problems, public speaking, social anxiety, simple friendships, neighbors, logic, rational mind, education, short trips, problem-solving, manipulation, speech recognition, skills or lack thereof of picking up and/or mocking accents, lying, recognition of manipulation and lies, etc.
Gemini – Third House – Mercury
The Third House is also known as the Gemini House. Gemini is ruled by Mercury. This means that the third house, Mercury, and Gemini correspond with one another.
Just to note, Virgo is also ruled by Mercury. However, Virgo rules the sixth house, so it doesn’t exactly correspond; although there are slight similarities. We’ll put that aside for today.
Signs and Planets in the 3rd House:
If you have many planets in the third house, it’s usually an indication of intellectual interests, skills in language and speech, and the possibility of the use of manipulation. It can, however, also be a sign a speech impediment, difficulty in early learning, etc.
- Although Gemini/Mercury rules the 3rd house normally, your third house (specifically) could be ruled by Capricorn or any other sign. Whatever sign rules YOUR third house and whichever planets fall into it. . . may mean you communicate like the sign ruling it or perhaps many of your friends are Martians (Aries) if you have Mars in the third house!
- Bonus Info: As I’ve mentioned in previous blogs, one’s Sign placements and planets are generally qualities of one’s personality, inherent characteristics, and certain situations and/or events or periods of one’s life. The Houses, however, are where those things I just mentioned are actually expressed. For example: Sagittarius is wisdom, adventure, and travel. If Sagittarius is in the 5th house, it could mean you either have children that possess these qualities or that these things are some of your favorite things. You find the most joy in travelling or learning higher wisdom (spiritual) things. If Mars is there, however, you may find that there are some difficulties in travelling because Mars is kind of aggressive at times. OR it could mean that you have a hyperactive son who you love to travel with!
Your Signs and Planets in the Third House and What is Means:
*For Venus, see both Taurus and Libra. For Mercury, see both Virgo and Gemini.*
- Aries/Mars: Enjoys arguing, pleasure in verbally defeating others, may use crude or offensive speech, provocative humor, won’t confess being wrong, picks fights with siblings and neighbors, difficulties speaking in childhood, grew up in dangerous or feared environment, restless, impulsive, excellent in politics and craftsmanship, and danger in cars.
- Taurus/Venus: May struggle learning new information if there’s no interest, often lives a luxurious lifestyle, often boastful of riches, seeks out financial gains, judges people based on materialistic factors, must visualize information into photos of things to remember, practical use of spending, constructive thinking and speaking, and attends to boring details other skip over in work. (Also see Libra/Venus).
- Gemini/Mercury: Started writing or speaking early in life, very intelligent, talkative, siblings with Mercury nature, possible bi-polar disorder, quick-minded, could be a genius, information addict, active and tight body, great child’s teacher, organizes through list-making, natural comedian, quick-witty, sarcastic nature, and often battles with anxiety and nervousness. (Also see Virgo/Mercury).
- Cancer/Moon: Has a very receptive mind, absorbs tons of information, has talent for languages and imitations, has great artistic ability, very hands-on, communicates with lots of emotion, changes opinions frequently, enjoys country living, takes many short trips, likes gardens, frequent vehicle changes, and always needs background noises.
- Leo/Sun: Likely has a vivid day life, gets quite excited over small things, has very intelligent or even gifted children, was an early-bloomer, curious-minded, love for books, has at least one male sibling, is close to cousins, like taking initiative, finds communication important, organizes events, has enjoyed cars since childhood, and may gossip habitually.
- Virgo/Mercury: May unconsciously manipulate out of stress or nervousness, possible issues with nerves, learns quickly, tendency to over-work, perfectionist, job involves intercommunication, pleasure in being helpful, job includes rapid actions, informs others of diets, can be obsessed with health, clean and hygienic, and possible hypochondriac or OCD. (Also see Gemini/Mercury).
- Libra/Venus: Can’t help but pay close attention to other’s lives, gossip and talk about others often whether it’s good or bad, clearly understand their own likes and dislikes, seeks and often finds quite reliable partners and friends, naturally see sociological hierarchy, uses charm to move ahead, communicates romantically, but actively helps lower classes. (Also see Taurus/Venus).
- Scorpio/Pluto: Loves digging for secrets, often wonders about deeper meanings, philosophical, psycho-analyzes every person and situation, naturally follows inclinations and intuition, has power to dangerously manipulate large group through speaking, potential to change the world with words, has psychic conversations, and investigates everything.
- Sagittarius/Jupiter: Enjoys small pleasures and moments, never really gets bored, long-relationships with neighbors, broad-minded, speaks and writes very well, loves talking spiritually, mind is a sponge, has many siblings, many female cousins who behave like boys, daily intellectual conversations, mirrors surrounding energy, and is respected for wisdom.
- Capricorn/Saturn: Often appears cold and standoffish, reserved in conversing, rather tough, only talk about subjects they have knowledge on or proof of information, find themselves among harsh and unfriendly groups of people, doesn’t always recognize emotional self in identity, has the strength to tackle nearly any challenges, and is extremely knowledgeable.
- Aquarius/Uranus: Highly intellectual and understanding individuals, does not judge others easily, can be a bit arrogant, gives unwarranted advice, disregards other’s opinions/thoughts without realizing it, creative in speech, free and original thinker, gets along with neighbors and coworkers, seeks attention when in doubt, and home is generally chaotic and messy.
- Pisces/Neptune: Frequently battles their logical mind with emotions, conflict of the mind makes it difficult to learn new information, has addictive personality, but should really avoid any substance abuse, emotional approach to study, needs quiet and comfort to learn, difficulty concentrating in school, and needs imaginative and creative studies to learn rather than textbook, cold facts.
From Within the Labyrinth,